Thursday, June 09, 2011

Sadness after Visiting

I just got back from visiting my fiancé today. It's always hard for me to adjust after leaving him. This was the first time I've said goodbye to him while he's in uniform so we couldn't hug or kiss like I wanted to. I did get a little kiss, but it wasn't as long as I'd chose if I could. I balled like a baby and it killed me not to jump into his arms and let him hold me. Just saying, I hate the rule of no PDA in uniform. I understand that it's for professional reasons though. Anyway, 16 hours of driving later... I'm home safely. It was great to see him, don't get me wrong, but 4 days just wasn't enough. A million years wouldn't be enough.
I'm staying as strong as I can though. It's important to look into the future, what's ahead, not at the past. I'm learning how to recover from leaving him more quickly now. The first few times we said goodbye, I was a complete train wreck. I'm doing much better now, still sad, but I'm doing well.
How do you handle saying goodbye? Comfort food, girly movies, girl's night out, staying home alone, or what? I tend to opt towards comfort food and skype dates. I haven't got my post-goodbye skype date yet though, so we'll see how that helps me.
How far are you away from your man?
What's the longest you've went without seeing him?
Stay strong ladies! You don't know how strong you are until strong is the only option. Keep your heads up.
God Bless. <3 Vi