Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hard vs. Painful

People ask me if it was "hard" to watch my husband leave for basic, or if it was "hard" to say goodbye again and again, or if it was "hard" being away all the time. I used to say yes to these questions until one person asked me something that really ticked me off: was it "hard" not to cheat on him. NO! The more and more I thought about this, the more I realized that "hard" isn't the right word at all.
Hard, to me, means that I thought about not doing it, or that I struggled doing it. It was not "hard" for me to stay with my husband when he was away. Sure, it was sad and lonely, but it wasn't hard. The word that I would use now is painful.
It was always painful to say goodbye. It tears my heart out to watch him walk away. It's painful to be alone all the time, but's worth it. It was never hard or painful for me to stay with him or not cheat on him. I love my husband with all my heart and nothing will ever change that. While my husband was in basic was one of the worst times of my life, but being with him in the end made every tear worth the pain. Seeing how happy he is with his tanks is worth the suffering I went though. Knowing that I helped him through a rough part of his life makes me so glad. I can't imagine what I would do without him. So, the next time someone asks you if being a military wife is "hard," think twice before you answer. Is it actually hard is it just painful?
Oh! On a high note, I'm officially a 31 consultant now! If you want to host a party, email me or comment on here. :)
And one last thing, my husband got his tanks so I thought I'd post a picture. Like I said, he's so happy to finally have something to do. He's way down at the end, you can barely see him, but I though it was a cool picture.
Enjoy:
God Bless ♥ Vi.