Sunday, October 09, 2011

Something Sad, Something Happy.

It makes me sad to see other soldiers struggle. It's hard for me to sit and do nothing. I don't like to see soldiers lose their sanity, or their physical abilities. I'm so ready to train Mia to be a therapy dog to maybe help some of these soldiers who are losing their minds. I know how happy she makes me, I just hope I can help others with her. She is just wonderful. I fully believe she knows when people need help and love. She always comes and licks my tears away when I cry, and won't leave me alone until I am better. And she is following around the soldier that my husband and I took in for the weekend. She knows he is sad. I just love her to death.
Something else that bothers me is when soldiers complain about their health (physical abilities to be specific), but they abuse their bodies by smoking many packs every day, drinking all the time, and just being reckless. It bugs the crap out of me! I hate that so much. Seriously, if you're going to complain about not being able to breathe after running two miles, stop smoking. Stop stinking up my house. Arg. I hate the stench of smoke more than anything. AH!
Enough with that rant, sorry, I'm just frustrated. If my husband and I are happy to welcome you into our home, don't stink it up with your nasty nicotine smell.
Mia did have her first outing with the TDI therapy dogs on Saturday! We went to the Walk for Wishes at Georgia Southern University. It was a benefit for the Make a Wish Foundation. She did amazing! I'm so excited for her to test next summer. Then she'll be able to go into hospitals, hopefully the one on post, and visit patients who are recovering. I have a picture of her and my hubby that I'll post. I'm just so super excited to train her. If any of you have a dog that you're interested in training, go to TDI-dog.org. It's rather regional, so you might want to look into Delta therapy dogs too. If any of you need information, feel free to comment or email me. I'm really passionate about this! :)
Well, I'll get back to my homework now, so...
God Bless. ♥ Vi.