Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tanker Project

I'm not sure I've mentioned it before, so I'm going to now. I'm taking Composition II at college. The entire semester is working towards one project: an ethnography on a subculture of our choice. For my project, I chose my husband's company. He's a tanker, so I've got to spend a lot of time on the tanks
 It's really cool to learn about. AND not to mention, I get to spend time with my hubby. I have to take notes on how he acts and how the other soldiers act, how they communicate, what everything look like, smells like (which isn't always so pleasant), and sounds like. It's an awesome project to say the least. If any of you ever get the chance to actually study what your SO's do, take it! This has been the most fun I've ever had on a project. Tanks are a lot bigger, yet smaller than I expected. Let me explain, I had seen a tank up close once before this project. This tank was at Jimmy's graduation from OSUT. I didn't go inside because I was wearing a dress and I didn't want to show everyone my.... yeah. Anyway, I'd climbed on top of it and looked inside the driver's spot and the turret, but I didn't go in. Last week, I was allowed to go inside my husband's tank. Coolest. Experience. Ever. Not only did I get to meet the guys he'll be deploying with next year, but I also got to see where my husband will be spending nine months of his life without me. It was truly an experience.
On another note, he's still at work and I was super bored, so I felt like taking pictures with Mia. This is what we came up with:

She's getting so big! I just can't believe it! Well, that's all for now! God Bless, ♥ Vi.