Friday, November 04, 2011

Living the Dream

I was thinking the other day, I really am living the dream. My life is the classic American love story...
Boy meets girl. Boy falls in love. Girl doesn't. Boy moves on. Girl falls in love. Girl wishes she would have before. Boy comes back for her. Boy joins the Army. Girl is heart brokenThey make it through. Boy proposes. Girl says yes. Boy leaves again. Girl sees boy 6 times in a year. Boy comes home. They get married.  Girl moves 1,000 miles away from home. They live happily ever after. ♥
I just want to take a minute to say that I love my life. That really is our story in a nutshell. I wouldn't change what I've done for anything. Don't get me wrong, I miss my family and friends terribly. Yet, I find myself completely content where I'm at. I love the army lifestyle. I love meeting people from all parts of the world. Really, some of my best friends are from Oregon, Louisiana, and Georgia of course. Before I barely talked to anyone who lived outside Michigan. I've come so far out of my bubble. It's crazy for me to think about how much I've changed in the past four months. Like I said, though, I wouldn't change it for anything.

One year ago today I was driving to Kentucky to surprise my husband at his OSUT graduation. He didn't know I was going to be able to come. Looking back on the past year, it has definitely been the hardest year of my life. I've been through so much emotional turmoil it's hard to believe. Sometimes I wonder how I haven't gone crazy. For those of you reading this who aren't yet involved in the military, I won't lie, it's definitely emotionally tough. There were lots of nights that I cried myself to sleep because I was tired of being alone, and many more nights that I cried just because I was tired of being strong all the time. It's a rough life, but it makes the time you have with your soldier a million times more worth it.
Anyway, I am so proud of my husband. He has become such a great soldier. He's out at gunnery today so he'll probably be late coming home tonight. I miss him already and it's only 10:00 in the morning. At least I have my bear. There he is -->
I love this bear to cuddle with. My husband got him for me for Christmas last year and I've been so attached to him ever since. I even sprayed him with my husband's cologne so when I was asleep I would dream of him. Wow, I sound like a cheese-ball. Anyway, I love my bear. If your SO can ever get you something like this, let him. Bear has helped me through so much. I know it seems stupid, but it really does calm me down.
That's all I've got for now!
God Bless. ♥ Vi