Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Week!

     I'm so excited to have my family coming down this week. I haven't seen my brother or my dad since July when we left. My mom visited for the first weekend in October, but it's still been two months since I've seen her. That's one of the hardest part of living an Army wife lifestyle; the separation.
     I adjusted to being away from someone I love a while ago. My husband left about a year and a half ago for basic. So I've had some experience with being away. I must say, though, it's different being away from a boyfriend, fiancé, or husband, than being away from your parents. Granted, I was only 17 when I left home. I'm sure that made a difference as well. Older (no offense) people who've lived away from their parents before might not have as much of a problem when they leave for the Army.
     I had never lived away from home before I moved here. In fact, the farthest I'd ever been away from home for any length of time was band camp about four hours away. That was only for a week. However, I wasn't responsible for cooking, cleaning, or anything else really.
     Moving down here was definitely a huge adjustment for me, but I've made the best of it. I love my life more than ever before.
     Anyway, I'm really excited to see my family again. I'm nervous to make Thanksgiving dinner, but I'm sure my mom will help me. I've got lots of cleaning to do this week to get ready for their visit. I want everything to be perfect.
     My husband should be back from the field sometime this morning. I can't wait to see him! Well, that's all for now I guess. Not a lot of interesting stuff has happened the past few days. God Bless. ♥Vi