Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Things Change

The number one lesson I've learned from being an Army wife is that you can't ever count on anything. Ever. Let's take this week for example. First, the boys were supposed to go to the field Sunday night and be back Tuesday. Okay, no biggie. Then, they changed it to Monday morning until Tuesday. No complaints from me. NOW... He's been in the field since Monday, still not home, and doesn't know when he'll be home.
It would be wonderful if the Army could plan ahead for... everything? or at least something! It's like this all the time. Those of you who are already actively involved in the military know exactly what I'm talking about. Those of you who are considering it, be warned: it's awful for planning.
As some of you may recall, when my husband and I were planning our wedding, the leave dates changed about a million times. We were trying to schedule everything around when his company was getting tanks. However, that date changed more times than I can even remember. It was nearly impossible to plan anything.
This is the biggest complaint that I have about the Army. It adds so much stress to the wives. We never know if we'll be sleeping alone for a day or a month (okay, that's a slight exaggeration, but not always...). I'm just tired of not knowing what is going on. I just want my husband back. This week has been stressful enough as it is, I don't need anything to add to it.
God Bless, ♥Vi