Sunday, November 27, 2011

'Tis the Season





I love this time of year. Even though it's weird being somewhere without snow for the holidays, I'm more cheerful this year than I was last year. It helps to have my husband with me. I feel pathetic, but I feel so much happier when I'm with him. We've gotten about half of our Christmas shopping done now. We've got more to do though.
It was amazing having my mom and brother here for Thanksgiving. Even though they were only here for two days, it was great. We went swimming and out to dinner Wednesday night when they got here. Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner and went to the museum on post. It turns out, our base has the statue of Saddam Hussein from Baghdad. It's not the one that they made a huge deal about tearing down, but it's a metal bust. It was so awesome to see something that has such a part in history. I was so geeked for the rest of the night. This is why I'll be a history major.
Friday, my mom and I went Black Friday shopping with a friend of mine and her mom. It was fun to go shopping with my mom again... It's been a while. We didn't get a ton of stuff, but we did get some great deals. I got a huge bed for Mia. It was normally $65 and I got it for $16. I also got a $52 sweater for $20. I was pretty excited. They left Friday night though. Their visit was short but sweet. Only three weeks until we come home for Christmas.
Saturday my husband and I did our Christmas pictures. They turned out fantastic. Most of them are posted around here. I love how they turned out. Overall, it was just an amazing weekend. I'm so happy. I'm going back to school tomorrow and my husband is going to the field. The next few weeks should be good though. I'm so excited to finish my first semester of school and go back home for a while.
God Bless. ♥Vi