Friday, December 02, 2011

Better Days

Today has been a thousand times better than the last week. I've gotten a lot accomplished and it's only 3:30! Even though I've got about eight more pages to write for one class, a project to do for another, and studying to do for everything.... I consider the five pages I've written and the article I've found to be a success. I did a lot of cleaning this morning too. Since hubby is out in the field again, I'm staying with my friend so I haven't been home much. We did a little bit of Christmas decorating earlier this week, but I did more today. I've washed some walls, done loads of laundry (no pun intended), done dishes, and finished up some Christmas presents. I'm feeling the holiday spirit lately, it's nice.
I know I mentioned it in another post, but I feel the need to elaborate more. Last year, I was so down from only seeing my hubby for a week from July to November. I was emotionally drained to the point of exhaustion. Honestly, I spent much of the holiday season in my room sleeping or doing homework. I didn't help decorate the tree or the house, I didn't help bake Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, and I certainly didn't help tear down the decorations. This makes me sad now since it was my last Christmas at home... Even though we're going back home for Christmas this year, it will be different since my  home is 1,000 miles South of where I'll be. I'm excited to go home though! Two more weeks! The next two weeks are about to be hectic though.
Next week, I've got two presentations to do, tons of papers to turn in, and a few more tests to take before finals week. I'm not nearly prepared for all of this. Not to mention, I've got a doctor's appointment and I have to get a Christmas tree too.
The following week, finals. That's all that needs to be said about that. I'm nervous, to say the least. I don't have an exam in one of my classes, and another we've already received the prompt for. It shouldn't be too bad. I'm most concerned about my history class and my music appreciation class. Keep me in your prayers.
Today has just been great all around, except my hubby isn't home. Tomorrow he will be, so it will be even better! I can't wait to cuddle again! I should probably get back to my homework now though.
God Bless. ♥Vi