Sunday, December 11, 2011

Exhaustion

Well, it's safe to say that I'm entirely exhausted from the past three days. We haven't done anything super exciting, I just haven't been sleeping all that great. I've been napping a lot which is making it harder for me to sleep through the night. So, today: no naps. I'm dying.
Friday, hubby didn't have to work so we went to our friends' house and hung out with them for a while. I got my flu shot (no fun). Then we started cleaning and whatnot since I was so busy the week before. We went to a light parade that night too. That was quite a bit of fun. Christmas parades in the South are much different than those in the North. I felt like such a Yankee since most of these floats were pretty lame. We have high standards in the north.
That's part of Army life, I suppose: the cultural changes you're bound to witness. I see it often, between the language and traditions, the clothing, and just about everything else. It's really cool how much things change throughout our country.
Yesterday, hubby and I had a Christmas dinner with some friends since we won't be here for Christmas. It was delicious. I cooked a ham and it turned out wonderfully. I'm learning how to cook a little more each day.
Today has been a pretty lazy day. We finished up our Christmas shopping except for two more presents that we'll get when we go back to Michigan. We're so excited, we started packing today (a whole week early). I'm so ready to see my family again.
Well, I'm going to go cram for final exams this week and go to bed. God Bless ♥ Vi.