Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We made it back to Michigan safely! The trip went well too. We didn't have hardly any traffic problems except for one traffic jam in South Carolina. Without stops, the trip is supposed to take about 14.5 hours. We made it in about 16.5. I was extremely excited about that. Usually, between meals and bathroom breaks, along with stopping for gas, we add about four or five hours to the trip. Hubby and I were so excited to go home, there was no stopping us.
Now for the best part: we actually went home on Friday instead of Monday like everyone was expecting. At about 5:30am on Saturday morning, we walked into my husband's mom's house and sat on the couch. She came up stairs to see what all the noise was and freaked out when she saw us. It was great:) We surprised my parents too. My dad plows and salts some of the area parking lots. As we were coming into town to get gas before heading to my house, we saw him in ValuLand's parking lot. So we parked and I aimlessly wandered the lot until my dad saw me. We went to my parents' house after that and surprised my mom. I loved seeing all their faces.
Yesterday was quite a long day. I was in the ER for quite a few hours but everything is fine. I wasn't feeling to great after spending so much time cramped in the truck. All the travel had caught up with me, but I'm still healthy as can be.
We've got a busy week ahead of us, seeing all our families and friends before we head back at the end of the month. Today holds Christmas shopping and much needed hair cuts. We'll see how the rest of the week plays out.
Happy Holidays and God Bless ♥ Vi