Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Wonderful Christmas



I know this post is a little bit late, but I thought I should update you all. Our Christmas was fantastic! It has been so amazing to spend time with all of our families, and even meet some of the family that we'd never met before. It's great! Friday after spending time with my grandparents, we basically crashed and went to bed. Saturday we had three Christmases. First, we celebrated with my other grandparents, then Jimmy's mom's boyfriend's family, then Jimmy's mom. Needless to say, that was a long day. On Christmas day, we spent time with my parents, then went to church and made our way to go see Jimmy's aunt, uncle, cousins, and grandparents. Later that evening we went to see his dad for a few minutes.
I'm exhausted for the weekend. Monday we went shopping with Jimmy's dad and siblings. We also got some pretty amazing pizza. If any of you are ever in Okemos, MI, go to Old Chicago. It's delicious!
Yesterday we didn't do too much. I went to the movies with one of my best friends from home. Hubby and I went to dinner with my grandparents. It's been a very busy leave.
Now, for today.... I'm about to hop into the shower, then we're heading to town. We're meeting some of our best friends for Fazoli's and movies. I'm not sure what we're seeing this afternoon, but I'm sure it will be good. Tonight I'm meeting with one of my friends to teach me how to use our new camera. We got a Cannon T2i for Christmas (LOVING IT!). After I meet with her, I'm heading to another friend to catch up. Tomorrow isn't entirely filled up yet, but I'm sure it will be.
We had a fantastic time visiting with everyone, which is by far the best part of Christmas, but I shouldn't leave out the gifts we received. We got the camera as I mentioned before, a sewing machine, Craftsman tools, a Magic Bullet, some maple syrup and pancake stuff, a super plunger (inside joke in my family), a puzzle that has taken years to finish, a quilt, some clothes, apple rings, Bath & Body Works stuff, and some gift cards. Overall, I'd say we had a pretty great Christmas.
I'm sad though, since there's a chance that Jimmy won't be here for next Christmas. We haven't gotten official orders for a deployment yet, but his unit is due sometime next year I'm sure. We'll make the best of the time we have, as we always will. Living life to the fullest is the only way to go!
Soon, I'll have a pretty important post coming out. Expect it sometime in the next two weeks. Believe me, when you read it, you'll freak. Oh, I almost forgot! I have the best dog in the world. Look at what she puts up with:)

God Bless ♥ Vi.