Sunday, January 29, 2012

Doing Better

So, the last few days have been pretty rough. My grandparents left after two weeks, so the house seems pretty empty now. It's nice to have things back to normal again, but I definitely miss them. Husband is in the field this week, so I'm extra lonely. In a way, I think it will be good for me though. I've got loads of reading to do for school. The house needs some deep cleaning since we have our first home inspection next week. That's the downside of renting; owners can call for inspection at any time, and we can't really say no. We can postpone it for up to a month, but we have to let them inspect. I don't really have a problem with it, we haven't broke our contract in any way. I'm just weird about people coming in to inspect our home. I don't like my job as a wife being judged. If the owners don't like anything we've done, I'm pretty sure they can make us change it. We haven't done anything really. The only thing that worries me is Mia's digging mess. Our backyard somewhat resembles a mine field.
I should have updated a while but I've been pretty busy. Couponing has started to pick back up. Last week I went shopping twice. Once I saved 9%, not my best but nothing to complain about. The second trip I saved either 17% or 18%, I don't remember. Either way, I saved over $20 last week. I think it was close to $30 actually. I was pretty excited about that. I've gotten three bottles of Pantene shampoo for free. The commissary has bottles for $2.89 and I had a coupon for $3 off 2, one for free, one at a discount! I've also got three bottles of Old Spice body wash for about $.50 since I have $2.00 off coupons and they're $2.50 normally. Sweet right? Today I saved 20%, finally getting back to where I was a while ago. I feel like $13.65 isn't that much, but I only spent $50, so I guess it's pretty good. I wish I would have used a few more coupons because the cashier didn't check to see if I was doubling, dang it! Oh well, I should be an honest shopper right?
The baby is doing well. I have another appointment in a week and a half. I was half hoping that I'd find out the sex, but I know it's still a bit too early. My random weight loss is coming to an end I think. I'm now 3 pounds under what I was when I found out I was pregnant. That means I've lost about 7 pounds this week. Stress and school definitely got to me, but I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm still having trouble eating big meals, but I can keep most of it down now. Before, I was terrified every time I hiccuped or burped. Excuse the mismatch clothes in the picture, I took it right before bed when I realized that I'd forgot earlier in the day. 
Today has been very productive. I finished an entire unit on my online Economics class. I cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, did laundry, and played with Mia. I brought Hubby and a few of his coworkers lunch because they hadn't left for the field yet, it was nice to see him one last time this week (if you can't tell, I hate being away from him). Then, I braved the dangerous crowd at the commissary. I don't think I've ever seen it so busy before. Either way, I'd say it's been pretty great. Tonight is movie night with my Mia monster. We're going to watch Dolphin Tale. I've got oodles of reading to get started on, so I'm off for now! Have a great week everyone.
God Bless ♥ Vi.