Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Huge Thank You

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone for the positive responses my husband and I received. We're ecstatic about everything that has happened so far.
Let me start by saying that I was extremely nervous to tell everyone. I feel like my life is a giant stereotype. Girl meets boy, falls in love, boy joins military, they get married right after her high school graduation, they run off to another state for the military.... She gets pregnant. I feel like I'm living in a Lifetime special. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love living my dream love story. All this being said, I was scared that people would judge me because I'm young and newly married. At the beginning of our marriage, my husband and I planned to wait until I finished college and he reenlisted to try to have kids. All was good and gold until about October. It kind of hit me that one day, Mia won't be around anymore... Granted, that's a while away, but it's going to happen. God forbid it, but if something were to happen to my husband while he's deployed, I would have nothing but pictures and memories to remember him by. After much discussion he told me that he's always wanted kids, but he didn't want it to interrupt my schooling because it's extremely important to me. We talked it out and decided that we would try for two months. If a baby happened, it was God's will. If a baby didn't happen, we would go skydiving in March.... Best of both worlds? Just kidding, it would also be God's will. We would be happy either way, even though we both wanted a baby more than anything.
Sure enough, about a month later we got a positive. I know that I sort of explained this yesterday, but I just wanted to make it clear that this baby is planned. I can honestly say that this is what we wanted in life. We have never been happier! Life is treating us better than I ever imagined.
I must say, a few people whom I thought would be extremely happy for us.... well, haven't been. All of our families (I was scared of telling them most. First a young marriage, now a baby! Was I trying to kill my father?) took the news great. Some of our friends have yet to say congratulations to us though. It makes me sad because I know some people have seen our news, but didn't even feel it necessary to call, text, comment, or even "like" the Facebook post. When my husband and I have been nothing but excited for other couples, I must say that we kind of expect the same from them. I feel completely childish saying that, but it's true. If I'm going to be happy for you, I'd like it if you were happy for me.
Since I've been married, I've really learned that life is too short to put up with crap from people. If you don't like what I'm doing, don't involve yourself. That doesn't mean sit there and complain about us, it simply means to stay out of it. In the last month, I've deleted about 100 people off of my Facebook because I'm tired of seeing them complain about stupid problems. Instead of going to them and complaining more, I just unsubscribe, or unfriend. Life is much simpler that way.
I've also become a much more positive person. I've learned that it's much healthier to focus on the good in life, rather than the bad. I feel a million times better about myself and my life since I changed the way that I think.
Anyway, I think that's the end of my rant for today. To the 95% of you who expressed pure happiness for my husband and I, thank you so much! We look forward to keeping you updated about the blessing God has given us. 

Oh, one more thing. I have an itty bitty bump! Check it out! The left is six weeks, the right is ten.
I know it's not too big, but I'm not complaining. I've got 7 more months to be big! Thanks again for your happiness!








God Bless ♥ Vi