Monday, January 16, 2012

Last Day of Freedom

Today is my last day of freedom until spring break in March. I know it's not too far away, but I'm still going to miss spending lots of time with Hubby and Mia. I'll be at school from around 10-3 or 11-4 everyday except Wednesday when I only have one class, and Friday when I am free. It should be easier than last semester, I'm hoping. I do have two online classes too, but I think I can work ahead in them. I'm thinking that I should be done with two classes by the end of March, if I can work ahead... Otherwise, I want to be done with them by Wednesday every week.
My grandparents called us on Thursday night saying they were on their way to see us before they made a cross-country trip in their new camper. They arrived yesterday. It's great to see family, even though it's only been a few weeks since we were home. Family is always a good way to feel at home again.
This weekend has been pretty productive. Saturday we went to Savannah with a friend of mine since she'd never been. Hubby and I hadn't been to downtown since we moved out of Savannah 3 months ago so it was nice to be back. We did a little shopping and some site seeing. I always love River Street. We took Mia to the dog park again yesterday. I like socializing her with other dogs, it gives me a chance to meet new people too. The dog run on post is really nice, especially since I get to meet other Army wives. Yesterday I met a girl from Germany.
One of the parts of the Army that I love most is how much of a cultural melting pot it is. It's so cool for me to have close friends from every part of the country. It's a great way to learn about different parts of the country and how things work there.
Tonight is game night with some of our best friends down here. We've been meaning to do it for a few months, but today we're going to make it happen. Tonight should be a great way to spend my last night of freedom. I don't really have to wake up early tomorrow, but I still haven't bought my books yet so I need to get up early enough to buy them before my first class at 11.
I'll keep everyone posted with how my new semester schedule works out. Oh, and I can't forget:
Pregnancy update: I'm 11 weeks today! My prenatal Pilates completely kicked my butt on Friday. I could barely walk on Saturday because my thighs hurt so bad. I'm determined to be in great shape before the baby comes though. I have to keep up with a baby, so I need to master fitness. I wanna be a hot mamma!
God Bless ♥ Vi