Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Let Me Be Me

Today, I decided something. I'm done with people telling me what to do and how to be. All I hear lately is "You need to do this. You need to do that." Or, "You are going to get so fat and big. You're not going to believe it." No kidding, I'm pregnant. I'm going to gain weight. I'm tired of hearing, "You need to relax." Really? I thought it was good for me to stress out beyond all belief. By you telling me this a million times, I stress out more. So, stop. Stop telling me what to eat, what do do, how to behave. If I ask for advice, please feel free to put your two cents in, but other wise I don't want your money.
I realize that I don't know everything there is to know about pregnancy, or parenthood for that matter. However, that does not mean that I want to be lectured by everyone I talk to. Certain people, that's all they'll talk to me about. Believe it or not, there is more to my life than the baby growing inside my belly. Yes, that is the biggest part of my life now, but I still have a husband, I still have a dog, I still go to school, cook, clean, and do everything else I did before. This baby has not eliminated every -- or for that matter, any -- aspect of my life. I'm still the same Army wife, daughter, puppy owner, student, and everything else I am.
People telling me how to live is something I'm just not okay with anymore. I'm tired of telling people, "Okay, I will," or "Sure, no problem," when all I want to say is "SHUT UP! I don't want to hear it!" Just because you've had a baby doesn't mean that I'm going to be just like you. Just because you gained 80 pounds when you were pregnant doesn't mean I'm going to. In fact, you've got me so stressed that I've lost 6 pounds in the past two days. Oh wait, I shouldn't post that because I can hear it now... "You need to eat!" or "Losing weight isn't good for the baby." or "Why are you losing weight? That's not good for you." Again I ask, really? You act like I'm stupid or something. I know that I shouldn't be losing weight that fast. I know. But when I can't keep anything down, I can't exactly maintain the weight I was before. Please, I just don't want to hear it anymore. If people keep telling me what to do every minute of every day, they will be cut out of my life for a while. I'm sure that I'll hurt some feelings, but frankly I don't care.

I'm sorry for the rant again. I'm extremely hormonal and have been for a week or so (oh, another thing... don't tell me "I'm not that bad." If I'm acknowledging it, I probably am. Especially if you're not in the room or general vicinity of me when I say it, you don't know). I hope that next week will be a little better for me, but in the mean time, WATCH OUT!
God bless ♥ Vi