Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Everybody has them, not so many keep them... Why does a new year prompt so many new goals? I'm not exactly sure. It's pretty crazy to think that one digit can completely change a person's life, but maybe it can!
The year 2012 brings a lot for me. I've been married for over 6 months (and away from home for 6 months as of today...). I get to go to my first Army ball (February 10th here I come)! I'll be a junior in college by the end of summer. My Mia Monster will be a year old and done growing for the most part. Hubby will probably deploy. There's much much more than that as well, but I can't post everything, right?
Along with everyone else, I really would love to set a few goals for myself this year. I am hoping that this blog will keep me accountable for these goals. *Hopefully* I'll help some of you as well by asking at least once each month how the resolutions are going. That's the plan anyway! I also think that it will help for me to document my goals too. I've heard that it's good to write down your goals on the 1st of every month on your calendar. It's even better to post them someplace you look every day, like the bathroom mirror or refrigerator. I'm going to do that, but I'm also going to post them on here. So, here goes nothing!

New Year's Resolutions: 2012
  1. Get/Stay in Shape:
       I know it's totally cliche, but I really want to! I've ordered a yoga DVD (that came today and I LOVE it!) and a Pilates DVD that should be here by the end of the week. Between this and walking Mia more often (I don't have an excuse now since I don't have early classes), I want to tone my body. This goal is NOT to lose weight; it's simply to look better. I think my husband would kill me if I said I thought I was fat (I know I'm not...), but I could definitely use some toning and definition.
  2. Learn to Cook 
       I feel so bad for my husband.... He jokes with me and complains because "all we ever eat is chicken and pasta." I hear it every day... When I think about it though, we really do eat it quite often. So, this goal is basically to become Rachael Ray. I want to be a genius cook!
  3. Get Back on the Dean's List
       At the community college I went to back in Michigan, I never got anything below a 3.5 in any of my classes. This past semester at GSU, I got a C in my History Class... I got two 3.0s in my other classes.... So this coming semester, I'm getting back on track. All A's is the goal for this chick! 
So there it is... My goals are out there for the world to see. Followers, keep me accountable. If you want me to check in on you all, post your resolutions as comments and I'll do my best to keep in touch with you through the year! Now, I'm off to make dinner (you guessed it, chicken... It's not my fault though, we haven't been shopping since we got back to Georgia...). Good night all!
God Bless  ♥ Vi