Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Big News!

Look! It's a baby! That's right, this proud Army wife is mom-to-be!  My hubby and I couldn't be any more excited. We went in for our first official ultrasound this morning. Now, I can finally update everyone on the past ten weeks.
Where do I begin? Thanksgiving day, we got a pretty good positive on a home pregnancy test. My mom and brother were here and it was the hardest thing not to tell them right then. We decided to wait just to make sure everything was going well before telling people. The Monday after Thanksgiving, I went in for blood tests and it came back negative. I was absolutely crushed.  I was still getting positives on home tests though, so I though it might have just been human error. Sure enough, that Friday I went back in for more blood tests and it came back positive. I went in for my initial appointment on December 9th.
When we were home on leave for Christmas, I ended up in the ER due to severe cramping. However, was still good. Apparently not drinking much water can do that to you. Anyway, that's when we got the first glimpse of our little one! I don't think I'm going to post that picture because baby is just a bit too little to tell what the ultrasound actually is of.
The rest of the pregnancy has went pretty smoothly so far. I've been a little sick, but I'm not too bad. I have a little bump but not so much that I can't hide it. It has been so difficult not to tell everyone and post updates about it. Now that we know baby is healthy, I'm free to post as I please! Thank you everyone for understanding why we waited. I'm just so happy!

Thank you in advance for your excitement and support! We are extremely happy to have a little one on the way!

God Bless ♥ Vi