Sunday, January 01, 2012

What a Year

Happy New Year! To all of my followers, I'd like to thank each and every one of you for inspiring me to keep this blog going. You are the reason I do this! You're all amazing and I love you all dearly. 2011 has given me more than I ever imagined. Looking back, I can't believe how much everything has changed. Here's the summary of my year:

January:
I spent New Year's Eve with my family in Michigan, while my husband (fiancé at the time) sat alone in Georgia. My first plane ride ever was in January! I was 17, can you believe it? It was incredible though. I got to see my wonderful man, go to the ocean for the first time, and visit the college I would later decide to attend. I took our engagement pictures at Tybee Island, one of my favorite places in the world. Then, I said goodbye.... well, "see you later," which is always one of the hardest things for me. I bawled like a baby the entire flight to Charlotte. My flight from Charlotte to Michigan was a little easier, but still rough.

February:
I made another trip to Georgia! I had to interview with my college for scholarships and to get into the Honors Program. I got both! I received a $5,000 Presidential Scholarship and was accepted into the Honors Program. My visit was amazing, yet very short. Yet again, I cried the whole way back to Charlotte. By the time I got to Michigan I didn't care about anything except going back. I was also playing indoor soccer to prepare for my last Varsity season at my high school. It was a bitter sweet thing. I knew bigger and better things were ahead, but I do love my team dearly.


March: 
I didn't get to make another trip to Georgia this month. Soccer began it's usually consumption of my life. I can't complain though since I miss it more than anything. Other than soccer, not much happened. I made our wedding website (even though I stopped using it like a month later...) and ranted about how whores who claim to be engaged but sleep around piss me off. It was pretty great. March was actually a rather boring month over all.... I won't complain though. Nothing bad happened!

April: 
This was a great month. I got to make a week long visit to see my soldier! His family took me along on their spring break trip. It was fantastic to see him for a whole week! Even though he had to work, we still saw him every night. I couldn't have been happier. We toured base again and went to the museum. We also went back to Tybee Island for a day. That was a fantastic day! Even though I got slightly burned, I loved being able to lay in the sun. I'd lost quite a bit of weight in the last six or so months, so I was happy to show off my "beach bod." I was so tan! Sadly, that's not the case now... I still love Tybee. Soccer also continued to consume my life and I loved it.

May: 
Prom. That's all that needs to be said. I loved getting dressed up and going out with my friends. I hated not going with my soldier. I cried every time a slow song came on. I felt rather pathetic.... I carried his picture around with me all night so he would be able to be with me in some way. I loved my dress though! It was (almost) my dream prom dress. I also finished up my last semester at our community college and all my classes at the high school. It felt so good to be done.
The biggest thing that happened in May was the creation of this blog. May 26th is a day that I will always remember. For the month of May, I only had 106 page views... I never imagined that by the end of the year I'd be having over 1,200.

June: 
This was the best month yet. I graduated! I was sixth in my class with a GPA of 3.9. In the picture with me is my fat cat Lou Lou. She's such a witch, but I love her. Graduation was June 3rd, and June 4th I headed to Georgia for college orientation. Even though my visit to Georgia was only a few days, it was great. This was the hardest goodbye I'd said yet since we didn't know when we'd see each other again. There was a chance we were getting married in July, but maybe not until the end of August. It was so up in the air. Gotta love the Army, right?  I also had my Graduation Open House. That was fun! The love of my life came home June 28th for our wedding! Excited? YES!


July:
Best. Month. Of. My. Life. The Army came through on this one! As I said, he returned home on June 28th and we married July 1, 2011. This was the best day of my life. My dress was all I imagined and more. We spent three days in Michigan after the wedding then headed to Georgia to start our new life together. I also got my first tattoo in July. We spent a day at River Street and enjoyed the rest of his time off before he went back to work. I also did something rather drastic. I chopped 14 inches off my hair. You can see in the other pictures, my hair was rather long and beautiful. Georgia heat was just too much for me though, so goodbye it went! I did love it for a while, but now I'm miss it.

August: 
I turned 18! Finally! For my birthday, we adopted the cutest little puppy in the whole wide world. My Mia Monster became ours. She's grown so much now, I can't hardly believe it. I love that dog though, even though she's eaten about $1,000 worth of our stuff. I also started my first semester at GSU. It's pretty great. We signed for the lease on our house. August was another big month for us. Summer came to an end and I started a new chapter in my life. This blog was still only getting about 150 views in a month, but I wasn't going to lose hope. We also went on our marriage retreat to Hilton Head, SC. This became my new favorite place in the whole world. As much as I love Tybee, Hilton Head wins.



September: We moved into our house! School continued, work continued.... Nothing too major happened. My grandparents came down and brought us furniture to fill the house. It was great to see family again. I missed everyone dearly, even though I love my life in Georgia. I really do love my life. I started couponing. I also went to my first college football game. GSU has done great things for me.  

October: 
My mommy came to visit us for the first time! It was absolutely wonderful to see her. Other than her visit, October was kind of boring. I was really sick for a lot of the month, but I finally beat the cold with the help of a lot of medicine. I had some ups and downs with school. My History class was kicking my butt... It was okay though. I wouldn't let it get me down. My couponing was getting even better. I love doing it. For the first time, the blog had over 1,000 views in a month. I was so ecstatic. I also started selling Thirty-One!


November:My mom and brother came down to see us for Thanksgiving. I think my brother really liked seeing all the tanks an other stuff on post. We saw the statue of Sadam Hussein. That was pretty cool for me. Mom and I went Black Friday shopping and got some great deals. Hubby was out in the field for most of the month so I stayed with one my friends for a while. We had fun together. Hubby qualified at gunnery and earned his tanker boots! We also took our Christmas pictures. I loved taking our pictures. Mia continued to destroy things, but we've finally almost beaten that battle. We also got some great news this month. We couldn't be happier. 

December: 
We went back to Michigan for the holidays. It was so great to go home. I missed our families so much. I loved seeing all of our family and friends again. We had about six Christmases. I also got my ice skating date that was promised two years ago.  On our way back to Georgia, we stopped in Tennessee and went to the Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies. My husband LOVES sharks. It's kind of funny how excited he gets. We went in the longest underwater tunnel and had sharks swimming above us. I think he thoroughly enjoyed that. We spent New Year's Eve with our best friends down here. As bitter sweet as it is, I'm glad to be back in Georgia. December was also the high point for page views this year: 1,255! Thank you everyone! 

Overall, I'd say that it's been the best year of my life. So much has changed. I've been madly in love with the best man I could imagine for 2 years now. I went from living with my parents to being married and living a thousand miles away. Live is great. Love is amazing. I love our happy little family.

So, here's to the new year. Let's hope it brings just as much happiness and love as 2011. Happy New Year everyone!
God Bless ♥ Vi