Friday, January 13, 2012

Working my Butt Off

I've really been working on my New Year's Resolution this week. I got my Pilates (okay, now I can say it's Prenatal Pilates) DVD on Tuesday. Oh. My. Gosh. It's seriously kicking my butt. I always thought I was in pretty good shape. With soccer training and playing... I could always do yoga and Pilates without much of a problem. I now realize how out of shape I've gotten since I stopped playing soccer. I figured that my self defense class last semester, along with walking a few miles cross campus every day, I would stay in pretty good shape. I didn't gain weight, maybe five pounds throughout the whole semester. I figured it was just because it wasn't as hot anymore so I wasn't sweating everything out like I used to.
Well, after my first 10 minute Pilates workout I was dying. I definitely recommend the "10 Minute Solution" workouts. I bought my DVD, not realizing that it's available online HERE (that's the link to the YouTube video. On a note to that, there are 5 parts... This is only part one but the rest should show up in the suggestions bar). I do like the DVD though because I can mix and match each of the five different 10 minute workouts in the order and quantity that I want.
The first workout I did was for buns and thighs. My legs hurt so bad the next day. Today I did both the standing workout and the flexibility workout. The standing one got my heartbeat up a little bit, but the flexibility one was more soothing. I think I'm going to start doing that one after every workout. It really does make a difference in how I feel throughout the day. I might be a little sore, but I have way more energy.
I'm really liking this New Year's Resolution so far. I feel great about myself. Another plus is that my first Army Ball is coming up in less than a month now. I really want to look sexy in my dress, baby bump and all. I've been doing a few extra arm workouts so *hopefully* I'll have some guns to show off. I want to make my husband proud to show me around.
I'm hoping that you will all see improvements through the pregnancy pictures I post for the next seven months or so. I'm loving how I feel so far. I hope all of your New Year's Resolutions haven't fallen off the calendar yet! We're two weeks into the new year, but it's never too late to start.
Well, that's all for now. God Bless ♥ Vi