Thursday, February 02, 2012

Features on This Blog

There are a lot of features I've added to this blog to make life easier for those of you who follow. I'm going to highlight a few of them, but feel free to explore!

Okay, the image above is what most of you should see when you're on this page. The "Follow" link adds this blog to your subscriptions. All that means is that when you sign into Blogger, my newest posts will show up on your home page. The "Share" link allows you to post this blog to Facebook or Twitter. The search bar searches everything I've posted on here. If you type in "baby" it will bring up all the posts that have the word "baby" in them. This feature is also available on the right side of the screen. It looks like this: 
I like how this search bar works a little better. It brings up all the results in a separate box, along with filtering them onto the blog. I recommend this one more than the one at the top of the page. 


This is the page bar. Although I don't need to explain, I feel that it gets overlooked. The "Main" link brings you to all my posts. The "New to this Life?" link (it's new!) is a list of all the important things that people new to the military lifestyle should know, according to me anyway. "The Love Story" link is the story of how my husband and I met. It's published in a book called Military Love. I posted it on here for those of you who don't know me personally, or do but don't know our story.

The blog archive is a running tally of everything I've posted. If you want to go back to the beginning, click on 2011, then May, then my first post. You can look through all the titles and find one that you feel like you need to read for the day. It's pretty handy!

There are lots of other features on here, but these are the ones that I feel are the most important. I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm off to class, then home to my husband (finally!). I can't wait to see him.
God Bless ♥ Vi