Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Business is Booming!

This week has been great for my photography business. I really think that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I'll post some of what I've done this week on here. I'm in love with some of these pictures. I'm scared to make a full commitment to this field because it's so flexible. Like I said, this week has been amazing, but next week is looking pretty empty. I know that it's the same for a lot of jobs, but I'm a little worried about dedicating my life to this. If my husband continues his military career, I will more than likely stick with this. His salary can support us, so my income (or lack of) is more spending money than anything. It gives a little bit more of a comfort zone than the military alone does. If all goes as planned, hubby will make a career out of the military, giving me the freedom to experiment with what exactly I want in life. It might be photography, or a desk job somewhere, or just staying at home with our wonderful children. The world is open for me right now.
That's what I love about my husband. He's found something he loves doing, so he's completely accepting for me to not know exactly what I want to do yet. For the longest time, I knew exactly what I wanted in life. I wanted to go to college, and be either a journalist, psychologist, or graphic designer. I wanted to get a stable career, then start my search for a husband and eventually start a family. Then.. I met my husband. My mindset completely changed. To be completely honest, I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom to this little one, but I think I'd go crazy being stuck at home all the time. That's why this photography stuff is working perfectly for me. I leave when I want/need to, and still work from home. The other big concern that I have with pursuing this as a career is that it might make it harder for me to find a different job later in life. I'll have my degree and everything, but I'm not sure how self-employment looks on a resume. It might look fantastic, or it might look like I have no sense of teamwork. If any of you have ever gone through this, please feel free to comment with your experiences. I'm really trying to figure out my future.
Spring break has been going well. I've been up early the past three days, but the rest of break is open and ready for me to sleep through. I've been having some trouble sleeping, so the doctor told me to take a Tylenol PM before I go to bed. It's actually helping. Earlier in this pregnancy I had some issues with sleep aids. I was getting some pretty insane nightmares so I refused to take them. These are doing okay so far. I'm still not sleeping as much as I used to, but it's better than the past few weeks.
If any of you in the Hinesville/Savannah area are interested in booking a session with me, you can contact me through my photography Facebook page HERE. My portfolio is available there as well. I've got tons of availability in April, and a bit left this month. My rates are good, and I'm willing to work with anyone to come up with something workable. I am really thinking that this is what I want to do with my life.
God Bless ♥ Vi