Saturday, March 17, 2012

Live Like a Lady

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! Hubby and I were lucky enough to go to Savannah today for the St. Patrick's Day parade. It was a real blast. Even though the parade was really long, and parking was ridiculous, we had a lot of fun with some friends.
One thing I noticed while in Savannah is how unladylike some women can act. As far as I know, none of the women I'm referring to are Army wives, but they very easily could be. In Savannah during the parade, some women, called the "kissing bandits" run into the parade and kiss people on the cheek (most of the time) with bright red lipstick. From what I've heard, they don't do it to everyone, but mostly the soldiers and band members. Most of the time, they don't jump on floats, into cars, or run through the bands in order to get a certain person's cheek. Well, one woman (who was clearly drunk, I might add) decided she needed to kiss someone from every float/band/formation that passed. It was to the point where she was chasing vehicles and jumping on the side of them or in them in order to kiss people. She even kissed a goat, and a gas cap... This woman was obnoxious.
Considering the fact that there were an estimated million people at the parade, we tried to be tolerant of this crazy woman. However, there's only so much a pregnant lady can take. Eventually, everyone was getting pretty sick of her. She was actually stopping every float for a few seconds in order to get her kiss. I know it doesn't seem like a few seconds would matter, but when every float stops for 10 seconds, it adds quite a bit of time to the parade. It was over 3 hours long easily, and we left before it was over.
All this being said, I wanted to remind all you ladies that it's important to make your man look good whether he is in uniform or not. It doesn't matter if he's at work or just out and about, what you do affects him in more ways than you may realize. I was shocked at how obnoxious some people were being today. I understand, it's a celebration, people are bound to be excited, crazy, and even drunk... but there's a line that needs to be acknowledged and not crossed. If you're willing to kiss a goat in front of hundred and hundreds of people for the sake of a few cheers, you should probably stop drinking for a while.
I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but there's a point where obnoxious behavior just isn't funny anymore. Ladies, don't act in a manner that you wouldn't want your father or your boss to see. If you would freak out if your dad walked by, change your act. After all, a million people means almost that many cameras. You're bound to end up on the internet.
Make your man proud to call you his! You're proud to call him yours, so return the favor. It's common courtesy, or maybe just an excuse for me to ask you to behave. Either way, it's better to make your man proud of you than ashamed, no matter what the situation.

Baby Update: Only 4 more days until we find out the sex of the baby! I still feel pretty small for almost twenty weeks, but I'm not complaining. I've got twenty weeks left to be big and uncomfortable. The belly is finally starting to show a little more though. My back and feet are kind of killing me today after standing for so long. I'm about to soak my feet and relax for the rest of the night before school starts back up on Monday. I'm really not looking forward to it. I've enjoyed my time at home much more than I expected to. Luckily, I have less than two months until school is out and I start online. I've got a ton to do between now and then, and this child is starting to wear me out. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good, just random aches and pains. I'll update you all later in the week about our ultrasound on Wednesday! Prayers for a healthy baby would be greatly appreciated!

God Bless ♥ Vi