Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby Update, Along with Other News


Okay, so to start out... Adalin and I are going to be alright. I have no new news about Adalin's CCAM. They're only measuring that every four weeks unless if the ultrasounds in between look too abnormal. We'll know more about that on the 24th. Now for the latest update: along with her CCAM, she also has a small hole between two ventricles in her heart. Currently, it is in the realm of needing surgery 3-6 months after birth but doctors are monitoring it every four weeks, hoping it will close on its own or with aid of medication after birth. Her heart is still functioning properly and the CCAM has not caused any malformations in the heart, just displacement. With proper medical care and monitoring, she should be completely fine. Also, I'm at high risk for early delivery so I won't be making the trip home next month. The doctors would like me to stay fairly close to the hospital in the case of any complications and are also worried that traveling so far may send me into labor. It wouldn't be as much of an issue for me to go into labor out-of-state, but we need to be at a hospital with NICU and a pediatric surgeon on duty at all times.  
My family and I are working out the details of possibly having some sort of "skype baby shower" before she comes, or just waiting to do something something after she's born. We will know more as time goes on, but right now there's nothing we can do except pray and hope that everything will work itself out. We love our little girl so much already. Please continue to keep us in your prayers and I will keep you all updated as we learn more. Thank you again. 
The past few days have been pretty rough dealing with all of this, especially since Hubby was in the field during my appointment. I'd like to give a shout out to my friend Ann for going to the doctors with me and helping me through it all. Hubby is probably going to miss the next few appointments as well because of field training. It's really tough but it's all part of the Army life. 
Today, I'm back on my feet. I knocked out some homework this morning before clipping some major coupons.  Even though it's payday, I forced myself to go to the commissary because we had almost no food in our house. Surprisingly, it wasn't as much of a madhouse as I was expecting! I saved $29 with coupons and that's not including the awesome sale prices I got. They had Propel on sale for $.40 per bottle (steal!) and Banquet chicken for $2.39 per bag (and I had a $1.50 off coupon too). I saved something like 19%, so it's not the best I've ever done, but it's definitely nothing to complain about. I walked out with two free shampoos, two free cans of oranges, a free bottle of dish soap, and a few other things for more than 75% off. It was an extremely successful shopping trip. Then, to top my day off... I came home to my second free item from Nuby this week. Wednesday, I got a free sippy cup in the mail. Today a free full sized bottle of diaper rash cream. As far as I remember, I haven't done anything to register for these except "like" their Facebook and sign up for their newsletter. I was so happy. I've also officially started stocking up on diapers and wipes. I found a few good coupons for them while I was clipping this morning. Because they were on sale, I couldn't resist picking up a few things. It's getting harder and harder to not spend all kinds of money on our little girl! 
Tonight is date night for Hubby and I. It should be a pretty great evening. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. God bless ♥ Vi