Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reality Setting In

I'm starting to come to more and more of a realization that baby Adalin is going to be here before we know it. If my gut feeling is right, she'll be here in just less than three months. Otherwise, she'll be here in just over which isn't a whole lot of time still.
Her nursery furniture is coming next week. The crib parts should be here Monday or Tuesday and the changing table and hutch will be here between Wednesday and the first week of April. Once I've got her furniture set up, I can start getting everything cleaned and organized how I want it before she gets here. Right now, her nursery is my office... It's got a huge desk (that I'm trying to sell if anyone is interested), and a filing cabinet in it. There isn't any room for anything else really. I managed to get her playpen through the door, but that's about as far as it's going until the desk is out of the way.
It's also starting to hit me that I don't have hardly anything for her yet. I still need a stroller, car seat, high chair, and crib mattress. That's only the big things. We've got a few outfits for her, some nursery decorations, a bouncer, and one package of diapers (that will last a whole day or two!), but beyond that... not a whole lot. I know that three months is a long time, but it's really not. I really need to start stocking up and getting ready.
School will be out in two weeks so that should help me get things together more. I've been strongly debating whether or not to take this summer off from school. If I do, it will push back my graduation date to the Spring instead of Fall. I was looking forward to graduating then because it was the same time that my husband's contract was up (hopefully we will be PCSing to a new base then). I'll still be going online so it won't really matter where I am, I'm just not entirely sure if I want to deal with school while we try to move. There's a chance that we won't even be moving, but we'd like to. I would like to get a job shortly after graduation too, after Adalin is over a year old. I just don't know whether taking the summer off is going to be better for me or not. I have a few weeks to decide, but not any more than that. Georgia Southern breaks the summer semester up into two parts (A Term and B Term). I'm thinking of taking A Term classes but taking B Term off. That would mean classes from May 22 until the middle of June. If I do decide to do B Term as well, I'll be done at the end of July, but that's cutting it really close to her due date. It's definitely a lot to take in. Taking just one class off my plate pushes graduation back to May 2014 instead of December 2013, so it's sort of an all or nothing situation.
I'll keep you all posted with what I end up deciding to do. As soon as I can, I'm going to talk everything over with my husband and figure something out. That's all for now, folks! Have a great rest of the week!
God Bless ♥ Vi