Sunday, April 08, 2012

Sorry for the Absence

I have been so MIA for the past few weeks. The week before last, I don't really have an excuse for. Last week, our families were here for spring break so we wanted to spend as much time with them as possible. So, here's yet another recap of what has been going on lately.
My husband's mom and my friend came in on Sunday last week. We didn't do a whole lot on Sunday since he had a PT test on Monday.
Monday, they came up to school with me and toured campus. The weather has been absolutely beautiful. Tuesday, I had a short day at school. One of my classes isn't meeting right now because we're conferencing on our term papers. Instead of being on campus from 11-3, I'm only there from 11-12:15. It's really nice being able to come home early, but that ends next week. Wednesday, I was bad and skipped class. My husband got stuck doing a range (the same day as the battalion picnic so we didn't go to that) and was gone all night. We had a wonderful girls' day out though. I got my nails done for the first time since August. We went baby shopping too. I've learned that outlet stores are AMAZING. We found some amazing deals on Carter's stuff and much more but we didn't buy too much. My friend Hannah also did some maternity pictures for me. I've posted a few here.
They turned out wonderfully. I'm still feeling pretty small for as far along as I am (in the pictures, 22 weeks, now I'm 23). Thursday, my family got here! We went to Savannah and went shopping. My husband had to work even though he was out until midnight at the range. Oh, how I love that. We found a Carter's Outlet too! It isn't quite as cheap as Beals, Burlington, or Ross, but it's definitely better than paying retail price. The best part is that they usually have all the sizes of stuff you want. Friday, my husband finally had the day off for the Easter four-day weekend. We didn't do too much. My husband and brother went on a pretty long run in the morning. We spent the rest of the day around town shopping for random stuff. We had a little cook out that night. Since I don't eat beef or any other red meat, my husband was absolutely thrilled when my mom brought venison down with her. he finally got to eat some real-man food! Yesterday was sad. We went to Tybee for a little while, but I'm pretty sure that we spent more time trying to park than we did on the beach. It was still nice though. My brother hadn't been to the ocean before so it was a nice experience for him. We also took them down to River Street for one last bit of site-seeing before they had to leave.
Saying goodbye is always hard. My husband will be the first to tell you that it's days like yesterday that make military life hard. Just when you adjust to having family around again, they have to leave. It's all part of this life though. What's hardest for him is that he doesn't know when the next time he is coming home is. I'm going home in a little over a month for a few weeks while he's at training, but he won't be coming with me. When he does have the opportunity to come home, I'll be 8+ months pregnant and definitely won't be making a 16 or more hour car ride home (and away from our hospital). I'm sure that it will all work out in time. It always does.
Well, that's all I have for today. Adalin is doing well, kicking away. I go to see the cardiologist on Wednesday along with the normal doctors for ultrasounds. I'll definitely keep everyone posted with that. Prayers are appreciated!

Happy Easter!
God Bless ♥ Vi