Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Things that Make Pregnant Army Wives Cry

My hormones have been a roller coaster lately. Some days, I almost feel like a zombie because nothing really phases me. Other days, it takes every ounce of strength for me to pick myself up off the ground and put pants on. Today is an in-between day. I'm not bawling right now, but I already have today and it's only 10:30. So, what are some things that have gotten to me lately?

  • Army Wives- It' doesn't matter how many times I remind myself that it's only a TV show and that it's not always realistic, I still bawl every time I watch it. It doesn't matter if people are deploying, coming home, dying, being born, coming, going, anything... If there is anything happening at all, I'm crying. 
  • Dirty Dishes and Laundry- This week, my husband has been getting held late at work and having to go straight to class instead of coming home for dinner. By the time he gets home, neither of us feel like doing anything but sleeping. The piles of laundry that I needed to do were starting to get overwhelming to the point where I sat on the bedroom floor and cried and yelled at them. The same thing happened in the kitchen. It's hard not having help around the house, especially when you're not feeling the greatest. I know it's completely irrational to cry over dishes, but it happens. 
  • Lack of Sleep- My biological clock has decided that 5:00am is its favorite time of day. When my husband gets up, I'm up. That's not so bad, except that I don't really sleep through the night either. I've always been a stomach sleeper and I can't exactly do that now with the whole pregnant belly... When I don't sleep, I get cranky. When I get cranky, I get frustrated really easy... It all leads to crying. 
  • Seeing Him in Uniform- I need to ask myself a few questions... How long has he been in the Army? How long have you been living with him? How many times have you seen him in uniform? No lie, the first few times I ever saw him in uniform I cried. That (to me) is understandable though, it's a realization that he's a soldier now. It's okay in the beginning. However, when he's been in for almost two years now, and I still cry when he walk in the house.... Come on, self! Pull it together! Honestly, I don't even know why I cry when I see him in uniform. Sometimes it's because I forget how much of a sacrifice he's made, others it because he looks so dang sexy, and others still just because I'm hormonal. I think it's starting to drive him nuts though. 
  • Watching Him Leave- It doesn't matter if it's for the day, a week, a month, or a year... I cry when he leaves. When he left for the field this time, I bawled like a baby. He's missing another doctor's appointment for Adalin while he's out and I'm terrified that something is going to wrong and I won't be able to tell him until he comes back. He actually said something about how it makes it harder for him when he leaves because he knows that he's the reason I'm crying. I tried to explain that I cry because I love him and I hate being without him. I hate cooking for one, and sleeping in an empty bed. The other day, I cried when he left for PT (he was going to be gone a whole three hours...). 
  • Disorganization- When things don't go as planned, you can expect us pregnant wives to cry. If our husbands are supposed to be gone for 3 days and are gone for 4 instead, we will cry. If they're supposed to leave Friday and leave on Thursday instead, we will cry. If anything takes time away from us, we will cry. It stinks. 
  • Love Songs and Sad Songs- I can't listen to more than (maybe) 5 seconds of Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood without sobbing to the point that I have to stop the car if I'm driving. There are a lot of songs that make me cry, but that one is just plain awful for me. 
  • Everything?- Let's face it. I cry about nearly everything lately. I stub my toe, I cry. I strip a screw putting together baby stuff, I cry. The dog farts and it stinks, I cry. It doesn't matter what happens, I'm probably going to cry about it. Sometimes it's happy tears though! It's not all bad. 
All this being said, I made it through this post without crying! Go me! I've found that keeping myself really busy helps. I've cleaned the living room, dining room, bathroom, kitchen, and laundry room this morning. I registered for a bunch of giveaways for baby stuff, and I finished up editing some photography sessions. I feel pretty productive already today. I joked with my Hubby that the house is going to look completely different by the time he gets home. In reality, that might actually be true!
I hope you're all having a good week! God Bless ♥ Vi