Friday, May 25, 2012

One Whole Year of Blogging

It's pretty amazing to think that I've been steadily blogging for a year now. Looking back at the beginning, I can't believe how far it's come. In May 2011, I had a total of  106 views (I'm pretty sure about 40 of them were from me). This month, I've gotten over 1,200 and still rising. I never imagined that this blog would turn into what it has.
My initial intention was to do video blogs about once a week about what different loops the Army sent me though. Have I made a video yet? Nope. I do talk about the different things I've gone through with the Army, but a lot of this has just been about my life as a wife and college student in general. I love reading through my old posts and seeing how much everything has developed in the past year.
It's incredible for me to realize that I was still in high school, unmarried, and not pregnant when I started this. My, how times change. My general knowledge for all things "military" has grown so much in the past year, just by being surrounded by it. I feel so blessed with the life I have. My husband is so good to me, our life is better than I ever imagined it could be. I hope that this blog really shows how happy I am with the military lifestyle. Sure, sometimes this life throws some pretty crazy curve balls at us, but we've learned to swing as they come. We haven't come across something we can't handle yet.
I would like to know where my followers would like this blog to go in the next year. I have changed the structure (and appearance) several times in the past year, but I'd like to get more of a set purpose for this. Do you all like it when I talk about my life in general (baby updates, puppy updates, husband updates, school, crafts, family, etc...)? Or should I try to focus on the military aspect more? I have strayed away from it more than I expected to, but I feel like this blog is still successful. I'm hoping to do more military-related posts in the months to come, but sometimes we just fall into the same ol' routine... Nothing really new to post or rant about. What do you all think? I'd really like feedback! Thank you to all of my followers for making this first year great. Let's make next year even better!

Baby Update: 
Adalin has made amazing progress! I went in for new measurements on Wednesday and the appointment couldn't have gone any better. She's measuring a few weeks ahead of schedule (which is okay with me as long as she doesn't go too far past her due date, I don't want to birth a 12 pound baby). Her heart is looking good, and her CCAM is looking fabulous! It actually took two ultrasound technicians and a doctor a whole hour to find what they're pretty sure is it. Usually it only takes a few seconds to find it and a few more to measure it. The doctor said that these things can go away on their own, but it's pretty incredible that she's made so much progress in the past two weeks. My husband and I are extremely blessed to have such an amazing support system. Thank you a million times over for all the prayers and encouragement you've all provided the past few months. From the looks of things right now, the doctor is willing to consider inducing me a week before my due date (if she continues to develop fast and grow big) so my husband will have a few extra days with her before he deploys. There still is no official deployment date, but every day counts. Every day is a blessing. Also, she has lots of hair already! All this heartburn has paid off.

Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!

God Bless ♥ Vi