Sunday, June 17, 2012

For My Daddy

Happy Father's Day! I'm so thankful for the wonderful dad that I have. Even though we butt heads every once and a while, I'll always be a daddy's girl. Without my dad, I have no idea where I'd be. My daddy pushed me to succeed in everything I've done; sports, school, just life in general, he's always been behind me pushing me to strive for more.
My daddy gave me to the other most important man in my life, my husband. Without daddy's approval, I wouldn't have gotten married, moved 1,000 miles from home, and started a new life for myself. Hubby and I wouldn't have adopted our Mia Monster, rented a house, tried for a baby, bought a car... nothing. Life as I know it is all based upon my daddy's approval. I'm so thankful that I've been fortunate enough to have my dad be such a huge part of my life.
Daddy has taught me many lessons. He taught me how a man should treat a woman. Both my parents have showed me what a marriage should look like. He's taught me more about dirt, grass, and rocks than any girl should ever know. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. I know more about tools and cars than most of my friends, and I'm a lot more self sufficient than a lot of the wives I've met around post. This is extremely important to me as an Army wife because I have to do a lot on my own. My daddy has taught me that I shouldn't settle for anything less than the best.
I love my daddy more than anything. He is pretty much awesome in every way. So, here's to you, dad. Happy Father's Day!

I'd also like to wish my wonderful husband a happy Farther-to-Be's Day! I love you babe!

God Bless ♥ Vi