Sunday, June 03, 2012

Knowing Other Wives

One of the best things about being part of the military lifestyle is getting to meet people from all different backgrounds. Today, I was privileged to meet some wives whose husbands work with mine. After being transferred to a different company, I was really anxious about any overnight training and deployments because I didn't know enough people to say so who were experiencing what I was experiencing.
Meeting all these other wives today helped me tremendously. Even though I don't know any of their husbands, it helps knowing that their spouse is where mine is. I'm sure that as time goes on, I'll meet even more wives and I'll start to learn names that I can't currently remember to save my life.
Other than organized get-together's, like the one I went to today, the FRG is a great way to bond with the other wives. Even if you don't know anyone, it's important to stay at least somewhat active with the FRG so you can stay up-to-date on all the information while your spouse is away. The FRG is the fastest way to get training dates and information about upcoming events around post. I feel a million times better when I know what's going on and when I stay involved with things going on around post. It makes me feel more at home when I'm part of the community. Even if it's simply hitting up the sidewalk sale at the commissary, it is something that all the wives can take advantage of.
Knowing other wives helps you keep busy too. It's so much easier to make plans with other wives whose husbands are gone. I always feel bad when I take my friends away from their husbands just because mine is gone. If you have more friends in your same situation, you don't run into that problem! So, get involved and get there! It really does make a difference.

God Bless ♥ Vi