Monday, June 18, 2012

Put Down the Cookie, Preggo

When my husband is gone for training, I don't eat that much. I don't really have a reason to cook and for some reason I don't feel the need to munch a whole lot. Since he's been home, I can't stop eating. Honestly, it makes me kind of sick to think about how much I've eaten just in the past 24 hours. We had a busy day yesterday so I didn't eat lunch, but I definitely made up for it.
I know most people probably think, it's just because you're pregnant. I don't know if that's actually the case. I know I'm more anxious while Hubby is away, and when I'm anxious I don't snack. Lately, I've been in that awful stage where I'm starving, but nothing sounds good. All I want to do is eat and drink, but I can't find anything appetizing. It really is a horrible feeling.
I've been doing really well about not over-eating or using this pregnancy as an excuse to eat whatever I want. I'm right on track when it comes to my weight gain. I'm not afraid to post it, I'm 33 weeks today and have gained 23-24 pounds (recommended is 19-27). My goal was to gain less than 35 pounds total, which is completely feasible as long as I don't keep eating at the rate I have been the past few days. Doctors recommend that you gain about a pound per week for the last 10 weeks or so of pregnancy. That puts me right around 30 pounds gained. I've got a bit of a cushion, but I would rather not push it too much. Either way, I'm proud of how well I've done so far.
I don't have any stretch marks on my stomach yet, but I still have 6 weeks to go before they'll induce me. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to see how much Adalin has grown. I'm definitely expecting her to be five pounds now. I'm excited to see how much she's grown, especially since this will be the first ultrasound my husband has seen since I was 21 weeks. Adalin has changed so much since then, I can't wait to see Hubby's face when he sees her. I'm getting anxious about delivery.
Right now, my plan is to try not to have the epidural. I'm hoping to do natural pain management (breathing techniques, music, etc), and probably some IV pain medications. I'm still open to an epidural, but I'd really like to have at least one baby without it. If the doctors are expecting her to be more than nine pounds, I may change my mind before delivery though. I'm hoping she'll be around eight or so.

That's all I've got for today, but I'll update within the next few days with an official baby update.
God Bless ♥ Vi