Saturday, June 30, 2012

A Year Ago...

All I can say is wow. I cannot believe how much has changed in a year. One year ago today, Hubby and I were finalizing everything for our wedding. He flew into Michigan a year ago yesterday for the big day. I just can't believe how much time has flown by already. Even though we're young and have only been together for 2 1/2 years, we've been through more than a lot of couples have been through in ten. I know that we still have many battles left to fight, but that's part of life.
Honestly, I completely believe that a healthy relationship includes fighting. You can't let your spouse walk all over you, make all the decisions, and control every aspect of life. I know that someone is going to make the argument, "You can work everything out without anger! Hostility has no place in a good relationship. Civility is key to success..." Yadda yadda yadda... Sure, you probably shouldn't be throwing heavy objects at your spouse; you shouldn't be beating your spouse; you shouldn't be screaming so loud that the neighbors call the police... BUT it is completely okay to get a little mad sometimes! I think that (occasional) anger and fighting actually makes the relationship stronger. If you know how to work out a fight about something stupid like not washing the car properly (I love you babe), you'll be able to work out the bigger stuff much easier. You can't run a marathon without running a few miles first.
A lot of couples haven't spend weeks apart with no contact. Even fewer have gone a whole year living 1,000 miles apart. When they say that distance makes the heart grow fonder, they are right. There is absolutely no greater feeling that being hugged tightly and kissed by your husband for the first time in a month (or year). People ask me what the best part of being an Army wife is. That, my friends, is it. I really can't even explain the feeling, it's just incredible.
I'm off for the day now. Even though it's supposed to be 106 degrees, we have yard work to do! Oh, before I forget:

Baby Update: 
Adalin is doing well! It's still looking like she may have to have surgery, but we should be able to wait a year as long as the CCAM doesn't affect her breathing. I'm to that constantly uncomfortable stage in the pregnancy now. I've been having contractions but they aren't very regular or consistent. I considered going to the doctor yesterday because something just felt strange, but after talking with a nurse I decided not to go. I'm feeling a little bit better today. I just have to bear the heat now. I'm starting to swell now. I knew it was coming though. Between the heat and humidity down here, it was impossible to avoid. I think I have a few small stretch marks on my stomach now, but I'm not really sure. I can't see them unless if I bend backwards and sideways in the mirror. So maybe it's just a funny reflection. Either way, I figured those would come too. Only 5 more weeks (at most) but I'm really thinking she'll be here sooner than that. I'll keep everyone updated as I progress!

God Bless ♥ Vi