Saturday, July 21, 2012

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Today, I've felt really strange. I'm itchy all over; my feet, hands, arms, legs, stomach (that's the worst), back, and everything in between feel like there are bugs crawling all over them. All I want to do is scratch but I don't want to itch myself raw. I feel helpless really.
I've been super anxious about everything today. As many of you know, we've been dealing with some housing issues since the middle of May. A random wind storm blew off a large portion of the shingles on one side of our house, causing some (what I considered major, but apparently it wasn't) water damage in our garage. When the inspector came to check it out, he found that the previous tenants had drilled holes the size of quarters into the roof (on the other side of the house) to put in Dish which voids the contract. When they moved, and took their dish with them, they neglected to fill these holes. So... When a tropical storm came through the area, lots of water came in and saturated one wall of our living room. The contractor said that the chimney actually needs to be rebuilt because it's so rotted, but he doubted that the owners would go for that, so he put caulking over the holes and sealed it as best as he could. This was finally dealt with in mid-June, a month after we first reported it. I was told that he would be returning on June 15-18 to fix the drywall that was wrecked and to repaint half of our living room... When I didn't hear anything for two weeks, I decided to go back into the rental company to find out what happened. Apparently, "He was pulled to an 'emergency job' somewhere" but would be back to our house within the week. Three weeks later... I've still heard nothing. I called them today and was told that they'll "deal with us when they can." In other words, they aren't concerned at all. I chewed the woman out because there's now way in hell I'm letting them come into our house to tear down walls and repaint right after I bring home a newborn with a lung problem. It's been over two months; this is not okay.
Moral of the story: Never rent through Holtzman Real Estate if you're at/around Fort Stewart. They're crap. 
 I'm really stressing out about it because I highly doubt that they're going to have this fixed in the next nine days. That's another thing. Only nine more days until I get induced! I've been walking like a mad woman trying to get the process rolling, but nothing is working. I guess my gut instinct about her coming early was wrong. I'm trying so hard to have everything ready, but there's still a few things we need like a baby monitor, bottle brushes, blinds for her room, and a few other things. 


So now, I'm off to walk again. Here's to hoping this will speed up the process! 


God Bless ♥ Vi