Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Comparing Lives

The other day, my husband and I were looking through our high school yearbooks seeing where everyone we graduated with has ended up. I can't believe how much different our two classes are. It's amazing how much just one year changes things. For those of you who don't know me personally, my husband graduated a year before I did. The people in his class (as a majority) are working or going to school and working. My guess is that it's safe to say that well over half of his graduating class has jobs and is moved out of their parents house. They've been on their own for two years now, most of them have it together decently well. Only a few of them are married, but I don't think that's strange since most of them are under 21 still. More of them have babies, but still not a ton.
My class on the other hand is a completely different story... A lot of them are doing absolutely nothing with their lives. No school. No job. No "life experience." Nothing. I'm not saying that you need to have everything figured out by the time you're a year out of high school, but you should be doing something. I would honestly be going crazy if I didn't go to school. Even with getting married and moving to Georgia, I absolutely need something to do every day or I go insane. I don't know how people do it. I need to be involved in something at all times. It doesn't matter what it is, photography, school, babies, work, cleaning... I will take what I can get. I just need something to do.

I'm really proud of the life that Hubby and I have made for ourselves. We're financially independent, have our own cars, rent our own house, have a dog, have a baby on the way, and have plans for the future. We've turned our house into a home. I'm pursuing an education even while becoming a new mom. Hubby is starting school online after he completes a deployment. We're doing well for ourselves and I'm not afraid to say how proud I am of us. We have goals, we have dreams, we have plans. 

To me, a person without goals, dreams, and plans is worthless. If you don't have something you're aiming for, what good are you doing? You don't have to have it all figured out. After all, who really does? However, having somewhere to start is important. You don't need to know that you want to go to medical school to become a brain surgeon, but you should know that you want to go to college (and then you should actually go to college!). You don't need to know that you want to start a business in.... dog toys...? but you should at least know that you like dogs and you want to do something for their benefit.

I challenge my followers, figure something out.  It doesn't have to be your life plan for the next fifty years, but maybe try to figure out the next few months, or even the next few weeks. Set a goal, and achieve it. Be like Nike, just do it. Stop making excuses for yourself, stop feeling sorry for yourself, and do something.

Baby Update: If Adalin doesn't make her grand appearance in the next 13 days, I will be induced on July 30th. I have an appointment tomorrow to see if I'm progressing at all. At my appointment last week, I wasn't dilating at all yet, but I was thinning. As of last Tuesday, I've gained 26 pounds which is okay with me. I'd like to stay under 30 pounds gained, but I won't be upset if I gain up to 35. Since I've only got 13 days to go, I'm really hoping that I won't gain another ten pounds, but I suppose it's possible. She's kicking like crazy still and getting cramped in there. I finally took out my belly ring for good until she arrives. I have a few more stretch marks now, including where my belly ring was. The majority of my stomach is stretch mark-free, but the underside has a few. I was hopeful to make it through the whole pregnancy without them, but I didn't quite make it. Oh well, I'm a tiger who earned her stripes!

God Bless ♥ Vi.