Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Hot! Hot! Hot!

From what I've gathered, it's been extremely hot pretty much everywhere around the country right now. Saturday, my husband's phone said that it was 119 degrees (it's not entirely accurate, but it's close). Sunday was around 100 again, and yesterday was 96. What does this mean? I'm hot and swollen.
A lot of our area lost power on Sunday night due to a completely random storm. There wasn't even a chance of rain until they issued a severe thunderstorm warning. After Hubby and I left the beach, it started pouring with a beautiful lightening show and extremely strong winds. I felt like we were in the middle of a hurricane. We (luckily) didn't have any damage done though. Our roof is finally fixed, but the inside water damage is still on our land lord's waiting list (at this point, we've been waiting almost two months).
Because of this crazy heat wave, I've been swelling and aching horribly. I'm cranky and all I want to do is sleep. My math class is killing me too. I did pretty well with the first half of the class, but now we're getting into more complicated statistics and I don't understand all of the procedures. I have to take my second midterm on Thursday and I don't have the best feeling about it. As long as I can pass (I have an 80% average right now, so that shouldn't be a problem), I'll be happy. I was really hoping to 4.0 both of my classes this semester, but I'm not sure that it's going to happen now.
There are lots of festivities planned for the Fourth of July tomorrow on post. I'm not sure exactly what we'll be doing, but I do know that it's going to be hot and this mamma isn't going to feel like walking. I'm sure that we'll still have fun though. I've really enjoyed our 3 day anniversary celebration. We had a cookout, went to the beach, and went mini-golfing. With how well Hubby did, I really don't believe that it was his first time playing put-put. I'm not a sore loser though, he won fair and square.
I'm off to try to comprehend this math class now and try to stay cool. I see some much needed pool time in my future this afternoon!

God Bless ♥ Vi