Thursday, July 19, 2012

Let's Be Idiots and Speak Whale

One of the things that I love most about my husband is how he gets after he's sleep deprived. Since I'm at the end of my pregnancy, I don't sleep a whole lot just because it's nearly impossible for me to get comfortable. You know how they say, "When mamma ain't happy, nobody happy..." Well, in our house it's "When mamma don't sleep, nobody sleeps." So after not sleeping two nights ago, Hubby and I were both sort of giggly last night. He yelled at me for sleeping on top of the covers "like a beached whale" and it all went downhill from there. He proceeded to say things like "dead but not lifeless" trying to dig himself out of that hole. When I finally got settled I decided to (attempt to) be like Dory from Finding Nemo and call out to my other "beached whale" friends. Let's observe:
That didn't go quite as planned, as I sounded more like I was birthing a cow than talking with whales... I was speaking upset-stomach or humpback. We then sat there and laughed hysterically trying to figure out exactly how Dory does this. We failed. My husband then began singing some awful songs from Family Guy which caused me to start bawling because I was laughing so hard. 
It took us a while before we could calm down and actually fall asleep. I love being stupid like that with my husband though. There aren't a lot of people in this world that I'm comfortable enough to make whale noises around. I am so lucky to have found someone who makes me this happy. My life is so much better than I ever imagined. I hope that all of you have someone in your life to speak whale with. 
I'm off for the day to hang out with Hubby. We've got some cleaning to do before the baby arrives (11 more days!). I'm still not dilated yet, but I've continued to thin. We're getting close! My last appointment is next Tuesday. Hello home stretch!

God Bless ♥ Vi