Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'm Slackin'!

Hey everyone. Wow, I've been seriously slacking on this blog lately. So, here's an update for the past month:
End of August: We met with the surgeon about Adalin's lung surgery. They aren't scheduling it until she gets bigger, but are still thinking around November-December time frame. I'm still hoping that we'll be able to push it until January, but we're not sure if they'll be able to. We had lots of family visit us as well. It was great to see everyone again.
 Early September: I survived the first six weeks! Adalin is now seven weeks old and growing so fast. She's pushing 12 pounds now. Her hair is quite a bit lighter than it was right after birth. It's growing fast too. She's got the chunkiest cheeks ever, perfect for pinching (I swore I wasn't going to be one of "those" people, but I just can't help myself). I feel bad because I am having to supplement with formula because I can't produce quite enough breast milk. We've been having to give her Pedialyte regularly in order to keep her pooping.  She will go almost a week without going, but the doctors say that's normal. We got some pre-deployment pictures done too.
I'm doing surprisingly well with all of this deployment stuff. Considering everything that has been going on hormone wise, I am doing great. I've had a few breakdowns here and there, but that's to be expected. I feel pretty calm about my husband leaving. We've had so much time to prepare for this. It's come to the point that I have just accepted it and am ready to conquer it. I want to get it over with. I'm excited to move on in life after deployment. I'm planning to make quite a few trips home through it as well. I think that being around family will help me tremendously. Here are a bunch of our pre-deployment pictures:
Adalin's face just makes me giggle in this picture. She is one of the happiest babies I've ever seen. Unless she's poopy, wet, or hungry, she doesn't cry enough to say so. She's been a little more fussy lately because she's got a very sensitive stomach. We're learning how to deal with that as we go though.


This is my favorite picture of my husband and Adalin. She is the cutest little baby I've ever seen, but of course I'm biased. Jimmy just looks so happy to be holding her. I love my happy little family.