Saturday, October 27, 2012

Being Happy During Deployment

One of the most important things I've found to be essential so far in this deployment is a positive outlook on life. You can't just sit there with a "woe is me" attitude. Yes, deployment sucks. Yes, you miss your husband. Yes, life is harder when he's not around! But, you are woman! You are strong! You are capable!

Let's look at the good things that come from deployment:

  • More Bed Space
  • Less Laundry
  • Less Dishes
  • Less Housework
  • Lower Grocery Bills
  • No More Gory Movies
  • No More Fighting Over the Radio
  • More Time to Better Yourself
Now, don't get all "Wow, why are you even married if you hate all these things when he's around?!" with me... I love my husband and the life that we have together. In fact, I miss picking up the tons of dishes that he leaves laying throughout the house, the laundry all over our bedroom, and even the stinky PT socks. I miss it all, but these parts of life are actually easier when he's not home. I would definitely rather have him around than deployed, but I'll take advantage of the break in laundry and dishes while I can. Why not make the best of a bad situation? 

The other thing that drives me insane is women constantly complain about not hearing from their husbands. Again, let me say... Yes, it sucks. Yes, I'm sure you want to tell him about your day. Yes, you really want to talk to him about who knows what. But, you are woman. You are strong. You can go a few days without telling your husband that you peed. Goodness gracious, this is deployment. As I said in my last post, I have been extremely blessed to have good contact so far, but you can't go into a deployment expecting to talk every day. 

When bad things happen, instead of posting all over your Facebook about how things couldn't get worse, or about how you've had the worst week of your life, or whatever else it may be... Post about how you rocked the shit out of that bad week. Post about how, despite the bad event that happened, you came out on top and conquered. Make your husband proud of you. The absolute last thing that he should be worrying about while he is deployed is whether or not you're handling everything okay. Do you really want your husband sitting there thinking about whether or not you're sobbing in a corner? No! You want him to be watching his back and keeping his head down. Do not stress your husband out by posting every little bad thing that happens all over your profile. The less you think about it, the better you will be. Just fix it and get on with it. 

Don't get all depressed about your soldier being deployed. Yes, it sucks (that's going to be my motto throughout this deployment). But, you can make deployment suck it. Show it who is boss. Remember, you are woman. You are strong! 

God Bless ♥ Vi.