Tuesday, October 30, 2012

True Dedication


I'm sure many of you have seen this picture cycling around the internet during the storm for the past few days... Although people claim it is actually from September, rather than during Hurricane Sandy, there is still a very important lesson to be learned from it. These soldiers are truly dedicated to something; their passion is on fire. 

This made me think, what am I that passionate about? Honestly, there isn't a whole lot in this world that I would be willing to stand out in a hurricane, or even just a bad rain storm, for. Obviously I would do absolutely anything for my daughter and husband. I might be willing to brave the storm for a little bit to get a good picture or two, but I definitely don't have the kind of dedication for my job that these soldiers have. I admire that more than you could probably imagine. I really feel that it is important to have something in life that you're this passionate about. When you find it, don't give it up.

Another thing that we can learn from this is that we are blessed. Our lives are not that bad. Yeah, we have bad days. We lose stuff. We complain. It's because of men and women like these that we have the right to complain. Their dedication to their country is incredible and so admirable. I need to remind myself of this from time to time... The next time you have to go out in the cold to get the mail, think about what our soldiers are doing. The next time you have to go to work on less than 5 hours of sleep, think about them. Remember what they go through, just so you don't have to. Be thankful.

On that note, I will complain because I went out in the cold this morning. Just kidding, but really... As much as I hate the cold (those of you who know me know how much that is...), I braved the outskirts of Sandy to take some pictures of snow for my husband. That's right, it's snowing... Technically, the weather man says it's a "wintery mix," but I say it's freaking snowing. Thank God it isn't sticking other than around trees on on tables.


Well, I will end on that for today. I hope all of my followers are staying safe out there in this bizarre weather. Also, remember to be thankful for what you have because of those who serve. 
God Bless ♥ Vi