Friday, December 14, 2012

Passing Time During Deployment

Being apart sucks, that's for sure. However, it goes a little faster when you keep busy. Now that this semester is over, part of me is extremely happy, but part of me is dreading the next month. Adalin's surgery is 34 days away (but who is counting..), and school starts up in a month exactly. Oh, how this sucks.

I'm really hoping that the next month will fly by. So, to pass the time I've got a few craft projects planned. I used the money I got back from by books to stock up on crafting supplies. I bought some canvases and a few picture frames. I really need to get some prints before I leave to go home for Christmas. I have six to add to one collage, three to another, and two to start a new one.

Throughout this deployment, I've been trying to pick one section of our house to re-vamp each month. The first few weeks, I created a whole new collage on a formerly blank wall. I used our pre-deployment pictures/one month pictures for this one. Right now, there are only four pictures and a saying, "All Because Two People Fell In Love." I'm adding six smaller frames to that one. 

I also added this decal to another blank wall:
I was kind of unsure of it at first, but I'm liking it more and more every day. It definitely adds some character to the wall.

There are a lot of other pictures that need to be hung. I am doing a beach themed collage with different beach trip pictures, and random milestones (6 month anniversary, first time in to the ocean, one year anniversary, etc). I'm really excited to see how that turns out.

I'm hoping to have this house really looking like a home by the time that my husband gets home from deployment (even though we might be PCSing). I'm hoping that we'll be here for six months or so, just so my  hard work isn't all for nothing. I've also been making random wreaths and other decor as well. I'm feeling rather crafty lately.

Depending on how ambitious I get, I might post some DIY tutorials on here. We'll see! Have a great weekend!

God Bless ♥ Vi