Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Year in Review, Among Other Things

Well, as usual... I've been slacking on this. So here's the wrap up on December!

I finished up school finally. This semester was not nearly what I hoped it to be, but I passed everything and was able finish up two more sections of my "core" requirements. I only have a few more classes in core before I am completely submerged into my major specific classes. I also visited home again for the holidays. Between the 7 Christmases I celebrated in about 10 days, it was a pretty hectic visit. There was a lot going on, but overall it was decent. It was wonderful seeing family again, and having family see Adalin and me. She's growing like a bad weed. While I was home, I weighed her. She is 18 pounds now. I'm still in shock. Unfortunately, she did get sick while I was at home so we're now being extremely cautious about her getting sick again before surgery.

Speaking  of surgery, yesterday I was informed that one of the doctors who must be present during her surgery decided to take next week off, so we have to postpone it until the 22nd. This is extremely frustrating for me. As we are trying to get my husband home on leave for Adalin's surgery, a date change really throws things off. We are praying and we know that God has a plan for everything.

I start classes again on Monday. I have decided to drop my credit load down to 12 credits, so I'm still considered full time but won't be overloaded. I am rather torn about whether or not to drop this. I was initially taking 16 credits this coming semester. I think that it will be best in the long run, even though I would rather not push graduation any farther. I am (most likely) still set for graduating in May 2014, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

Lastly, I'll discuss New Year's Resolutions again. Last year I had three:
  1. Stay in Shape: I didn't do too bad considering I had a baby. I sent out 2012 at the same weight I brought it in. I'm not as toned as I'd like to be, but it is an ongoing process.
  2. Learn to Cook: Again, it's a process. I've strayed away from frozen foods for the most part, but there are some things that I'm still weak towards. I have learned to make a few new dishes, but I've also made this my goal through deployment.
  3. Get Back on the Dean's List: I definitely didn't do this after last semester, but I will keep working on it! 
This year, I have a couple as well:
  1. Learn American Sign Language: I want to learn at least the basics, enough to teach Adalin once she is old enough.
  2. Continue to Get In Shape: I want to "wow" my husband after deployment.

So, here's to the new year! I hope it treats me as well as the past two have!
God Bless ♥ Vi