Saturday, February 23, 2013

Salute to Single Moms

Man oh man. All I can say after the past few weeks is that God made it so it takes two people to make a baby for a reason. Miss Adalin has been quite the hand full lately. Thank goodness I've baby-proofed (some of the house at least). Earlier this week, I assumed that baby proofing the living room would be enough for a while. My opinion was changed today. I sat Adalin down in the living room, left to go to the bathroom (I was only gone about two minutes), and came back to an empty room. I found her in the pantry, which is quite a distance from where I put her. Later on, I went into my room to fold some laundry because she seemed content with her teething cookies. Wrong! A few moments later, I had a visitor at my doorway. I can't get this little girl to sit still anymore! She just wants to go, go, and go.

This being said, single moms: I don't know how you do it. Aside from not being able to pee in peace, or shower without worrying about not hearing your baby's cry, the support of is what I miss most. Since Jimmy went back, there have been too many times that I've "asked him" to do something baby related. Whether it was feeding her, or changing her, or whatever else you can think of. I've called out for him, and realized that he's not here. These nine months of  "single" parenthood suck. I'm not saying that I'm a single mom, by any means. My husband does as much as he can from 7,000+ miles away. He supports us financially, and puts up with my emotional phone calls (which may be more often than he'd like). However, not having another parent physically present really takes a tole sometimes. Aside from my trips to Michigan and doctors appointments, I am very rarely away from Adalin. Every once in a while, I'll leave her with a friend so I can go to the grocery store or run a quick errand. Other than that, it's baby-mamma time. I love my child more than anything in this world, but sometimes I just need a break. I'm overly thrilled to be signing up for day care in the coming weeks. I won't be using it often, but a few hours a week will be nice. This way, I'll be able to go to the gym or get my toes/hair done without taking her with me. I am so excited for that. I'm overly nervous about leaving her with people I don't know, so I'll be sticking to the in-gym care for the first few weeks.

Well, I'm off for the evening. So, thanks to all the single moms out there who are raising wonderful little children.

God Bless ♥ Vi