Thursday, February 14, 2013

Time to Get Organized

Happy Valentine's Day! 

Today, Adalin and I are not really celebrating. She's been little miss cranky this morning, so I am letting her nap while I try to get something productive accomplished. 

I have been tackling some minor organization problems in my house the past few days. I decided that it's somewhat important to separate Adalin's movies from ours. I bought a new movie case (with doors!) to keep our more adult movies in. We don't have any "inappropriate" movies, but things like American Pie, Magic Mike, Fast and Furious, and all of my husband's war movies are put away and out of sight now. I realize that this is about a year premature. However, the way I see it is why not organize while I have the time? I actually think that I may invest in a few more of these shelves in the next few months to potentially replace our other movie stand without doors. This is my attempt to baby-proof. The new shelf has no handles, but has the magnetic-locking doors... That made a lot more sense in my head, but hopefully you know what I mean. I'm now in the hunt for a new end table, and possibly TV stand. Miss Adalin absolutely loves to explore now and is getting into everything. 

I also found something on Pinterest I had to try:
Downy Unstoppables in a wax warmer. I was somewhat skeptical because I'd never used a wax warmer before, and sometimes these Unstoppables make a mess in my washer. I decided to try it anyway though, worst case scenario, my house smells like burnt laundry. That was not the case though! It's fantastic. My favorite right now is the purple kind, "Lush" I believe. It's way cheaper than the wax blocks, and still smells good. I am definitely a fan.

Well, that's all I've got for today. Happy Valentine's day to everyone. Be thankful if you get to spend to day with your sweetheart, as many of us aren't so fortunate.

God Bless ♥ Vi