Thursday, February 14, 2013

Worst Valentine's Day Date Ever

I'll start by saying that the only good things that came from this evening were free fruit punch and mozzarella sticks, a strawberry sundae and a Big Mac.

To start, Adalin was miss crank today. Teething is not a fun game for baby or mom. She's been super grouchy all day, and has been sleeping like a bear in hibernation. When she's up, she's screaming... So it's just been wonderful.

The repair man finally came to look at some electrical repairs that have been needed to be done for over a week now, so I suppose that was a plus as well. I also scheduled a dentist appointment to get some cavities filled at the end of the month. To say that I'm dreading that would be the understatement of the year.

To try to end the day on a good note, a great friend and I went out for dinner, intending to go to Applebee's.  Well, Applebee's had a 40-45 minute wait, so we decided to go elsewhere (considering it was already after 5:00 and Adalin usually goes to bed around 8:00). We ended up at Pizza Hut in Hinesville. After waiting about 20-30 minutes for our mozzarella sticks, they finally came but the rest of our food was not anywhere near being done. We ended up waiting for over an hour and walked out. This is the second time we've had crappy service from that Pizza Hut and I have zero intentions of going back there any time soon.

We ended up going to McDonald's with a screaming baby in the back seat. Our Valentine's dinner ended up costing $3.40 total, so I guess that's the last positive thing to come of the day.

This is, without a doubt, my least favorite holiday. Too many high expectations make sadness practically destined. I'll say this now, but ask me a year from today... I'm never looking forward to this holiday again.

I hope you all had a better day than we did. I suppose we can only go up from here.

God Bless ♥ Vi.