Friday, March 08, 2013

Adalin's First Tybee Trip

This week has been fabulous. Even though we went to the beach when Adalin was less than a week old, I sort of consider her first trip to Tybee Island her first beach trip. This was the first time she got her toes in the sand. She absolutely loved it! She loves the wind in her hair too.



That day was relatively cold, so we came back the next day (which wasn't much warmer) to try again. Although it wasn't much better, I did have something in hand that made it great. My beach tent! 


I tell you, this tent (here's the link) is the best $40 I've ever spent. Even though it's a little hard to put together by myself, it's awesome if you've got an extra set of hands. I was going to buy a baby tent just for Adalin, but those were running around $25-35, so I figured it would be worth the extra ten bucks to have some added space. I am so glad I did! Not only did the three of us and Adalin all fit, but we had a huge beach bag and the car seat in there. Adalin still had some space to crawl around too. I absolutely love it. There's also a front that zips up so when it's Adalin's nap time we can keep her contained.

Adalin and I also had our matching floppy hats on: 



She absolutely loved the sand! She did have a little mishap crawling down a hill. Other than that, she had a blast. We enjoyed the pier too, but didn't brave the water yet. I'm thinking we'll save that for next month when it's a little warmer. 


I hope you enjoyed these pictures as much as I do! I'm so excited that we've started our beach trips for the summer, and it's only March! I can already tell that I'm going to have a beach bum on my hands. Happy Friday!

God Bless ♥ Vi