Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baby Remind Me

I was watching a TV show tonight and one of the main characters had memory loss. After giving it a few moments, I realized that losing my memories is one of my biggest fears. I absolutely love my story, my family's story. How I got to where I am now is my favorite part of being where I am.

I look at my life, and all the memories I have to treasure. I cringe at the thought of not being able to tell these stories to my children and grandchildren, and maybe even great-grandchildren.

In this show, the character had amnesia and was blocking out bad memories. I don't ever what to forget who I am, no matter what I go through. I have been more fortunate than I could ever explain. I've been sheltered from a lot of the world's ugliness. The world is a relatively beautiful place in my eyes, but I know that it's not always so pretty.  I want to keep this innocence in my heart, but I know that with every passing day, a little more ugly world will show.

Anyway, back on track. I want to remember my first day of high school, my first Varsity soccer game, my first high school dance, my first prom, and graduation. I want to remember my first date with Jimmy, the night he left for basic training, the first phone call I got after he left, all of my letters, the night he proposed, and the night I said "I do." I want to remember the day I moved 1,000 miles away from home and all the feelings I felt. All of my pregnancy memories and labor and delivery, and all of Adalin's firsts have been life-changing. I can't imagine not being able to remember all of this.

All of these little moments remind me of who I am, and where I came from. That's a huge reason I blog. This is an online documentation of my life.

Take advantage of your memories, you never know when they won't be as easy to recall.

God Bless ♥ Vi