Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Growing Baby

What's going on in my life today? Teething! Adalin cut two teeth a few weeks ago, but she's definitely trying to cut a few more now. Her upper gums are so swollen, it's awful. I feel so bad for my sweet girl. Last night, she barely slept (so neither did I). She did okay as long as she was being held and rocked, but as soon as I tried to put her down she would freak.

The only things that I found to be helpful were Tylenol and warm milk. She drank the most she has at one time ever last night, pushing 10 ounces. I was surprised, but I suppose that's a sign that she's ready to up a normal bottle to 8 ounces. I'm having a hard time accepting that my baby girl is growing up.

She's been an extremely vocal baby this week, full of "dada's" and "mamma's." She's also been Miss Independent lately. When I try to do things for her, like feed her puffs or get one of her toys from across the room, she gives me a dirty look, and snatches whatever I have for her away. It's her "I can do this myself" look. She's getting so big, I can't believe it.

Adalin just acts so much more grown up than a month ago. She looks so observant when she's in a new place. It's amazing to watch a baby go from being entirely unaware of her surroundings, to noticing things across the room that I may not have noticed before (like random screws or bugs on the floor.. Yay! for baby-proofing!). She just amazes me.

Here's a picture of her latest big girl moment:


She looks so big in her lawn chair. Can you believe she's not even eight months old yet? Just chillin' like a big kid. I can't handle the cuteness! That was my mommy moment of the week.

God Bless ♥ Vi