Saturday, March 09, 2013

Mommy Moment 3.9

I had another "mommy moment" today. I'm thinking about starting a weekly post about moments throughout the week. I'm becoming more sentimental these days... I'm not quite sure why.

As many of you know, Adalin is 7 months (and a few weeks) old and isn't exactly what you'd call a cuddly baby. Early in the morning, she'll snuggle me for a few minutes but it's definitely not a lengthy mommy-baby bonding session. Well, tonight... She actually let me rock her to sleep. We went into her nursery around 7:30, which is about half an hour before I like to put her to bed. Instead of letting her cry it out in her crib, I decided to attempt to rock her for a little bit and sing her lullabies. To my surprise, she enjoyed it. Usually after a minute or two, she fights me to the point of scratches on my face, black eyes, or bruised thighs; so, I was remarkably happy to have a snuggly baby back. She even did skin to skin on our bellies. I was just in shock at all of this. It's the little things in life that mean the most.

Also this week, Adalin hit a major milestone. She got her first two teeth. Woo hoo!

Since I had visitors this week, we took Adalin's seven month pictures. They turned out great! I can't believe how much she's grown. Her hair is so much thicker and longer than it was at one month. I feel stupid saying that, but I was surprised at how much it has grown. Just how much she has changed shocks me!


Here are the rest of her seven month pictures: 


This is the first "good picture" of her scar that I've posted. 




I hope you enjoyed them! I love my little model baby so much. Every day she makes me smile in a new way.

God Bless ♥ Vi