Monday, March 25, 2013

Praying

After a really great day, I saw something not so great. While scrolling through my Pinterest home page, a "friend" of mine repinned this:


I don't know why, but it seriously rubbed me the wrong way. I'm not sure if it's the slap in the face to Christianity, or to people who practice it, but ugh. I'm frustrated. I just can't wrap my head around this. What kind of ignorance does it take for a person to think that praying solves everything? Sometimes God says no. Just because you pray doesn't mean that you're going to get the answer you want. If I pray about the stain in my couch, but do nothing about it, it's not going to fix itself. It happens with big things too. While praying for mental strength during Adalin's surgery, I had to put effort in to get the results I was praying for. Preparing myself for sending my baby girl into surgery took more than prayer. It took research about the surgery, feeding off of strength from friends, and the support from my husband along with prayer. For me, prayer is a way to gain clarity, to gain peace, and to gain strength from my God. It's not a fix all. 

Maybe I didn't make my point clear in all of this, but I just really got frustrated after seeing this. I might be crazy, or oversensitive, but I am upset by this. Who else is with me? Maybe someone else can word how I'm feeling better than I can. 

God Bless ♥ V