Monday, April 08, 2013

Easter Sunday Church Service

As promised, I wanted to post about my experience at Savannah Christian Church. To start, I love this church. It's just wonderful. It's huge, which is great if you're like me and feed off people.

Easter weekend at SCC was great. According to their Facebook page, almost 500 people were baptized at their campuses just that weekend alone. These baptisms weren't like the other baptisms that I'd experienced though. Instead of signing up weeks or months in advance, taking classes, and all that jazz... these people decided to get baptized the day that they were. Instead of having to wear robes or something, they walked into the pool in their Easter best. The pastor was referencing scripture in Acts in a few places where it states that they "believed and were baptized." He nipped all excuses in the butt:

"I'm wearing white..." -- "We have a black shirt for you to wear." Bam.
"I have electronics in my pocket..." -- "Here's a bag." Bam!
"I'll get my car wet..." -- "Here's a trash bag. Cover your seat." Bam!!
"My family won't approve..." -- "You don't get baptized for your family, you get baptized for you." Bam!!

It was just awesome. I'm not entirely sure how many people were baptized during the service I was in, but it was just awesome. I forgot how thrilling it was to see others giving their life to Christ.

Adalin thoroughly enjoyed the service as well. SCC uses lots of lights during the music, so she was having a blast.




Overall, it was a great refresher of my faith. I've been watching online sermons at home from a local church in Michigan. They have a large archive of series so I can choose the ones that apply to my life.

That's all I've got for tonight. I hope all of you had a great Easter and spring break. I know I lied about posting my March progress pictures last weekend, but they're still coming I promise!

God Bless ♥ V